Travel Advice for Coronavirus COVID-19 (Update 12)
25 Feb 2020
Update advice for travellers to Italy
Northern Italy is reporting rapidly increasing cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), particularly in Lombardy and Veneto. Civil protection measures are now in place in some parts of northern Italy, north of, but not including Pisa, Florence and Rimini.
Advice to All Travellers
Prior to travel, the following should be checked:
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) site provides guidance for UK nationals travelling overseas, including how to seek consular assistance if required.
Travel agents or airlines should be contacted for latest information on local travel restrictions and local authority guidance relating to COVID-19.
Travel insurance is essential: the COVID-19 outbreak may impact your travel insurance coverage, ensure you carefullly check your travel insurance policy before travel.
The FCO countries or territories pages should be checked prior to travel for the latest advice, including:
- Travel advisories and restrictions; it must be noted that these are subject to change and should be checked regularly. Entry requirements for the destination.
- Reports of COVID-19 at the destination; travellers to countries reporting cases of COVID-19 should follow local public health advice.
Information on COVID-19, including prevention advice, is available here.
Returning Travellers from areas affected by COVID-19
- Travellers returning to Scotland should check here HPS website
- Travellers returning to other parts of UK should check here PHE website
Travellers from risk areas who develop symptoms on return to the UK, that are compatible with COVID-19, they should self-isolate and contact one of the following:
- NHS 111 England and Wales)
- 0300 200 7885 (Northern Ireland)
- NHS24 (Call 111) or their General Practitioner (Scotland)