Country Specific Risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Update 24)
02 Jul 2020
Following the global spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) many countries implemented strict entry restrictions and in some cases, closed their borders to non-residents. This had a significant impact on international travel. On 17 March 2020, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) advised British nationals against all but essential international travel.
As the initial peak of the pandemic has passed in some countries, resumption of international travel is being considered once more. However, the risk of exposure to SARS-CoV-2 (the virus which causes the illness COVID-19) remains in many countries, as well as potential exposure when transiting through countries.
fitfortravel country pages will be updated over the coming days to include a COVID-19 country specific risk-rating. Every country will be identified as high, moderate or low risk and each rating will be accompanied with appropriate travel advice.
The risk-rating is based on a robust public health assessment of the COVID-19 risks for travellers to each country and will be regularly reviewed. However, the global spread of COVID-19 can change at any time. All travellers are therefore advised to consider the sources of information below before planning international travel.
Before planning and/or booking international travel:
- Check the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) website for country specific Travel Advisory Notices regarding travel and entry restrictions, and review the local medical care available at your destination.
- Check the COVID-19 risk-rating at your destination, this will be listed in the ‘Alert’ section of every country page.
- Travel insurance is essential, for further information please read the Travel Insurance page.
- Check the GOV.UK Border Control website regarding self-isolation (quarantine) rules before your planned return to the UK.
- Consider physical distancing and hygiene measures.
Further information, including measures to take before, during and after travel to reduce your risk of exposure is available here:
- 07 Jul 2020 - Australia Specific Risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 07 Jul 2020 - Country Specific Risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Update 25)
- 06 Jul 2020 - Singapore Specific Risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 06 Jul 2020 - Seychelles Specific Risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 06 Jul 2020 - Croatia Specific Risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 26 May 2020 - Travel Advice for Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Update 23)