Changes to Country Specific COVID-19 risk categorisations
25 Oct 2021
All fitfortravel country pages include a COVID-19 country specific risk-rating which identifies the risk of exposure to COVID-19 for UK travellers. This risk rating can be found in the 'Alerts' section on every country page and is accompanied by appropriate travel advice.
The risk-rating, previously categorised as either high, moderate or low risk, has been changed. Each country is now rated as having either:
- a 'high risk' of exposure to COVID-19 for UK travellers
- a 'risk' of exposure to COVID-19 for UK travellers
For all countries, you should be aware that the risk of exposure to COVID-19 may change at short notice.
Countries which have been categorised as having a 'high risk' of exposure to COVID-19 have a high risk of exposure to COVID-19 and/or risk of emerging or known variants of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- You should avoid non-essential travel to high risk countries, even if you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
If there are significant case increases or outbreaks and/or emerging or known variants of coronavirus (COVID-19) in a country, this will be noted in the 'News' section of the affected country pages.
Advice for Travellers
Prior to travel, you should:
- Check the latest government guidance on the FCDO Foreign travel advice and country specific pages for travel to this country and the rules for entering the UK on return.
- Ensure you are up to date with UK recommendations on COVID-19 vaccination.
- Check if you are at increased risk of severe COVID-19. You can check this in the FAQ's.
- If you are at increased risk of severe COVID-19 you should carefully consider your travel plans and consider seeking medical advice prior to making any decisions.