British Airways Health Services
- Website: http://www.britishairways.com/travel/health/public/en_gb
- For useful information on health and wellbeing in relation to travel visit their website.
Diabetes U.K. Careline (formerly The British Diabetic Association)
- Address: Macleod House, 10 Parkway, London NW1 7AA
- Telephone: 0845 120 2960
- Website: http://www.diabetes.org.uk/How_we_help/Careline/
- For assistance with specific concerns related to diabetes. Leaflets and information including 'Travel Guide' to the more popular countries visited abroad, with advice pertinent to the needs of diabetics.
Foundation for Teaching Aids at Low Cost (TALC)
- Address: Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH
- A list is available of books and pamphlets for purchase, primarily for medical and paramedical workers concerned with health problems in the Third World.
- Address: 777 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017, USA
- A list of recommended English speaking doctors in many countries is available to its members.
International Association for Medical Assistance to Travellers
- 67 Mowat Ave, Suite 036, Toronto, Ontario, M3K 3E3 Canada Telephone: (416) 652 0137
- 1623 Military Rd #279, Niagara Falls, NY 14304-1745 USA Telephone: (716) 754 4883
- Website: http://www.iamat.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Various leaflets and a medical directory of participating doctors are available. Membership is free of charge.
Royal Association for Disability and Rehabilitation (RADAR)
- Address: Unit 12, City Forum, 250 City Road, London EC1V 8AF
- Telephone: 0207 250 3222
- A wide range of leaflets and services are available to help the handicapped arrange, insure, and enjoy their travels.
Disabled Persons Transport Advisory Committee (DPTAC)
Door to Door: a travel guide for disabled people
- Website: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disabled-persons-transport-advisory-committee
- The information on the DPTAC website was originally provided by 'Tripscope', which was the UK's main travel advice and transport information service for disabled people until lack of funding forced it to close in March 2006.
Transport Users Committee
- Address: 1229, Kingsway, London WC2B 6NN
- Telephone: 0207 240 6061
UK National Kidney Federation
Address: The Point, Coach Road, Shireoaks, Worksop, Notts S81 8BW
Tel: (01909) 544999 Helpline: (0845) 601 02 09
Contacts for the more adventurous traveller
British Mountaineering Council
- Address: 177-179 Burton Road, Manchester M20 2BB
- Telephone: 0161 445 4747
- Website: http://www.thebmc.co.uk
Expeditionary Advisory Centre
- Address: Royal Geographical Society, 1 Kensington Gore, London SW7 2AR
- Website: http://www.rgs.org/HomePage.htm
- This centre also supplies lists of organisations recruiting for expeditions and voluntary work overseas.
Himalayan Rescue Association Nepal
- Address: Dhobichaur, Lazimpat (North Gate of the Royal Palace), PO Box No. 4944, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Telephone: 977 1 4440292 / 4440293
- Website: http://www.himalayanrescue.org
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advice on altitude problems.
Wilderness Medical Training
- Address: The Coach House, Thorny Bank, Skelsmergh, Kendal, Cumbria LA8 9AW
- Telephone: 01539 823183
- Website: http://www.wildernessmedicaltraining.co.uk
- Courses and advice on managing medical problems for those venturing away from established medical facilities.